Looking to find a new college home? We get it. With more and more students applying to transfer, Sewanee gets it.
Transfer applicant checklist
|Requirements||How to Submit|
|Completed Common Application||Commonapp.org|
|Final High School Transcript & any College Transcript with a cumulative college grade point average of 3.0 (B) or above on a 4.0 scale||Submitted via Commonapp.org from your high school and all colleges attended|
|Academic Evaluation||Submitted via Commonapp.org from one of your college professors|
|Statement of Reasons for Transferring||Submitted via Commonapp.org|
|College Report||The Dean of Students or equivalent official at your current or past college attended should email us this form.|
|SAT or ACT scores (optional)||Testing Agency or self-report|
DEADLINES AND NOTIFICATION DATES
- Spring Transfer: Priority Deadline: Nov. 15; Decision notification is rolling
- Fall Transfer: Priority Deadline: April 1; Decision notification is rolling; For applicants who are unable to meet this deadline, please contact our Transfer Coordinator, Jeff Heitzenrater.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who counts as a Transfer Applicant? Transfer applicants are students who have graduated from high school and enrolled into an accredited college or university.
- What if I enrolled at another school, but did not complete a full semester before deciding to transfer to Sewanee? A transfer applicant must have enrolled to another accredited institution. Even if no credits have been earned, if a student has graduated from high school and has enrolled at an accredited college or university we will review that student as a transfer applicant.
- What if I'm a high school student taking courses at a nearby college (dual-enrollment)?Students who are taking advantage of dual enrollment coursework are not considered transfer students.
- Am I eligible for scholarships and financial aid as a transfer applicant? Yes, transfer students are eligible for both academic scholarships and need-based financial aid. Incoming first-year students are awarded funding before transfer applicants, making transfer aid more competitive than that of first-year students. As a result, the review process for transfer applicants is need-aware.
- What is required of an international transfer? International transfer applicants will need to submit all required documents on the international checklist in addition to the above transfer applicant checklist.
- What is Sewanee's Transfer credit policy? Review Sewanee's Transfer credit policy from the College Catalog and the Student Guide.