Safety at Your Fingertips
LiveSafe, a mobile-safety technology for the University’s community, empowers students, University employees, and campus visitors to take charge of their own safety and to look out for those around them.
LiveSafe allows students, faculty, staff, and visitors to:
- Share information - Users can submit reports for suspicious activity, harassment, a disturbance or other issue, with picture, video, or audio attachments. Reports can be submitted anonymously if the user chooses.
- Have peace of mind with SafeWalk - Individuals invite others to "virtually escort" them and monitor their location on a real-time map. Simultaneously, SafeWalkers can chat with one another or call 911 if needed.
- Summon emergency help - Safety officials can leverage location-data in an emergency, allowing faster response times. It's like a blue light phone in your pocket.
- Access emergency information - Have fast and easy access to important campus support resources and emergency procedures, even when you are unable to connect to the Internet.
Download the LiveSafe app today:
- Visit the Google Play or App Store and search for "LiveSafe."
- Register with your email and fill out your profile.
- Search for and select "Sewanee" as your school.
Once you have the app, click through the slides to learn more details about how LiveSafe can help you.
Don’t have a mobile device? No problem, share with us your cell phone and email address and we’ll include you in appropriate mass notifications.