Was a history major and is the author of Christian Ritual and the Creation of British Slave Societies, 1650-1780 (University of Georgia Press, 2009).
GRADUATE SCHOOL & PRE-PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMS: HISTORY MAJORS
Sewanee graduates enjoy extraordinary acceptance rates to top graduate and pre-professional programs–about 95 percent to law school and over 85 percent to medical school. Below is a sampling of where Sewanee grads continue their education.
- M.S. in environmental policy, University of Cambridge
- M.S. in commerce & marketing, McIntire School of Commerce, University of Virginia
- M.D., Trinity School of Medicine
- J.D. ,Tulane University Law School
- J.D., Washington University School of Law
NON-GRADUATE SCHOOL DESTINATIONS: HISTORY MAJORS
Sewanee graduates secure positions in a variety of fields. Some you would expect, others are a bit of a surprise. Sewanee prepares you for your profession and your passion. Below is a sampling of recent graduates' first jobs.
- Analyst, Merrill Lynch, Boston, Massachusetts.
- History teacher, Arete Preparatory Academy, Gilbert, Arizona.
- Law clerk, Wakefield and Associates, Denver, Colorado.
- Legislative intern, U.S. Congress, Washington, D.C.
- Arts & humanities presenter, Discovery Children's Museum, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Marketing and promotions assistant, Duke University Athletic Department, Durham, North Carolina.
- Media consultant, Meltwater, Inc. Washington, D.C.