Considering a Gap Year? We would love to hear about it.
Admitted students may apply to defer enrollment for a full academic year—a gap year—to work, travel, or pursue other productive interim opportunities. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis and not granted automatically.
Pay the standard enrollment deposit of $500 by the deadline provided in the offer of admission
- Submit a Gap Year Application
- Upon receipt of approval, send an additional deposit of $1,000 ($1,500 total, standard and additional).
Gap year essentials
- Cost of attendance for student deferring enrollment will be set at the rate used during the academic year in which they matriculate
- Scholarships awarded to students deferring enrollment are retained for one year.
- Students are not permitted to pursue college coursework for credit during the deferral period.
Programs and organizations
- International experiences
- Outdoor Exploration
- Service and Outreach
- Work or Internships
- KIVU Gap Year