Considering a Gap Year? Admitted students may apply to defer enrollment for a full academic year—a gap year—to work, travel, or pursue other productive interim opportunities.
How to Apply
Pay your enrollment deposit by the deadline provided in the offer of admission
- Submit a Gap Year Application by August 1
- Upon receipt of approval, send an additional deposit of $1,000
Gap year essentials
- Cost of attendance for student deferring enrollment will be set at the rate used during the academic year in which they matriculate
- Scholarships awarded to students deferring enrollment are retained for one year. Applicants will need to reapply for need-based aid.
- Students are not permitted to pursue college coursework for credit during the deferral period.
Programs and organizations
- International experiences
- Outdoor Exploration
- Service and Outreach
- Work or Internships
- KIVU Gap Year