Everyone has a responsibility in understanding their role in the administration of the University's compensation plan.
The University’s goal is to attract, retain, and reward a highly qualified and diverse workforce at competitive compensation levels. The University pursues that goal through the objectives below.
- Affirmation. Every employee is a valuable contributor to the mission of the University.
- External competition. The overall compensation structure will reflect a competitive market position, as measured by comparing average salaries for bench-marked jobs against our aspirant peers, comparative peers, and CUPA data in general.
- Internal equity. Employees will be paid similarly for similar work at similar levels of performance.
- Performance. Strong performers, as determined by supervisors through the collaborative review process, will be rewarded.
- Transparency. The compensation framework will be made available to all staff members.