Students with exceptional promise in performing or studio arts can apply for a Fellowship in the Arts. These fellowships are awarded to candidates with interests and accomplishments in visual studies, art history, film, dance, theatre, or music. Students selected for these fellowships will have the opportunity to dive more deeply into the life of the arts at Sewanee. Students are invited to apply after they are admitted to Sewanee. For more information, please email your admission counselor.
Every Sewanee applicant is considered for academic scholarships simply by submitting the Common Application. All scholarships are renewable with satisfactory academic progress.
- Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship: Full tuition, fees, room and board annually (1 awarded annually)
- Benedict Scholarship: Full tuition, fees, room and board annually (3 awarded annually)
- Wilkins Scholarship: $26,000 annually
- EQB Award: Scholarships ranging from $5,000-$25,000 annually
- Georgia4 Scholarship: $4,000 annually–awarded to all applicants admitted from Georgia
To be considered for need-based aid, families must submit both the FAFSA and the CSS profile. More information may be found at the following websites: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the CSS Financial Aid PROFILE. The Fellowship in the Arts is not stackable with full-tuition awards such as the Benedict, Vice-Chancellor's, or Tuition Exchange awards. Any international applicant wanting to apply for need-based aid, should review the process here.