All the details

We know there are many questions surrounding financial aid. Many of the following topics may cover questions that may arise during your time at Sewanee.

Summer School & Study Away

Generally, students attending summer school at Sewanee are eligible to apply for student loans to pay the costs of enrollment. Consistent with federal regulations, students must enroll for at least six credit hours and make satisfactory academic progress to qualify to borrow for summer school. University need-based and merit-based scholarships, and need-based student employment, are not available during summer school. Tennessee Hope and Pell Grant recipients should contact this office to determine if any state or federal funding is available for summer enrollment. Some summer school programs which are external to, but affiliated with, the University (such as Island Ecology and British Studies at Oxford) occasionally offer scholarships to participants. Interested students should contact the program directly to determine if such assistance is available and, if so, what steps need to be taken for consideration.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Satisfactory academic progress for need-based financial aid recipients in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of the South is measured by the following criteria: required GPA, required completion rate, and maximum timeframe.

What happens if I withdraw?

It happens. From time to time, students withdraw from Sewanee. What happens to financial aid funds? What about other fees? The links below provide more information.

Consumer Information

The University of the South makes information available to students and employees as required by federal law. The reports provide information on topics ranging from campus safety to copyrights and peer-to-peer file sharing to financial aid.