April 21-24, 2022
Fundraising for the Class of 1971 50th Reunion Project is ongoing, The Class of 1971 Endowed Scholarship, which is especially appropriate now as scholarship/financial aid is a top university priority, will provide assistance to students with financial need. The corpus of the endowment remains in perpetuity. About 5% of the annual earnings will be used to assist students each year. So, the larger the endowment, the more funding available for meeting students' financial needs. During reunion weekend, 50th Reunion Co-Chair Rob Crichton announced a $100,000 challenge from an anonymous donor. New gifts made to the '71 Endowed Scholarship Fund will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $100,000.
Current Status of Class Project: 31 classmates have contributed just over $208,000 to the Class of 1971 Endowed Scholarship
For over 20 years, 50th reunion classes at Sewanee have been raising funds for a special class project in honor of their 50th reunions. From brick-and-mortar projects (Class of ’69 Wellness Commons) to endowed funds (Class of ’70 Endowed Internship Fund and Endowment Fund for the Career Center), classes raise funds via outright gifts (including stock gifts and IRA distributions), 5-year pledges, and planned gifts to support the class project.
Click HERE to make a gift now.
To make your pledge to the Class of ’71 50th Reunion Project and Class Gift, click HERE.
If you would like a paper version of the commitment form, you may download a pdf by clicking HERE.
To view photos from the weekend, click HERE.
To view a list of deceased classmates from the Class of 1971, click HERE.
50th Reunion attendees
To view a list of attendees to the 50th Reunion weekend, click HERE.
To view a copy of the 50th Reunion banquet program, click HERE.
STAYING IN TOUCH WITH US AND OTHERS
To make sure you receive communications about this reunion, update your contact information by clicking here. Also, Sewanee has lost touch with 30 members of the Class of 1971. If you know someone on this list, use the update form to provide us with any good contact info you have.
- Rob Crichton, Co-Chair - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jack Steinmeyer, Co-Chair - email@example.com
- Carol Reid Doughty - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Hardee - email@example.com
- Jim Harmon - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orrin Harrison - email@example.com
- Luis Leon - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cissy Lewis - email@example.com
- Randy Love - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boyd Parker - email@example.com
- Pete Stringer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Thames - email@example.com
- Tim Toler - firstname.lastname@example.org