With internships, you gain experience in a particular field under the guidance of a supervisor or sponsor. The learning and hands-on experience you can glean from the workforce is invaluable. We're here to make sure you are matched with an internship that will catapult you toward better understanding of what you want your future to look like.
There? Almost there? Not even close? No matter where you are in your career exploration and decision-making, we've got you covered. Need help with cover letters and resumes, zeroing in on a major, job searching, or preparing for an interview? We understand that the process can be overwhelming. From internships to landing your first job, we'll be cheering you on.
We've got your back.
Career Center staff members coach students and alumni as they explore and pursue career possibilities. We assist in this process by helping students connect their strengths, interests, and skills with careers that fit them best. We prepare our students for lives of leadership and service both within and beyond the gates of Sewanee.
- Personal attention through individual appointments
- Workshops and panels on careers and leadership development
- Opportunities for networking with alumni and meeting employers and graduate and professional school recruiters
- Assessments via StrengthsQuest, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, YouScience, and the Strong Interest Inventory
- Internship and job search coaching
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Access to online and print resources through an extensive career library