April 15, 2021 Update on covid vaccination availability:
WalGreens Vaccine Clinic beginning April 19-April 22nd:
Walgreens will be administering Moderna vaccinations on campus! Pharmacists will be at the Fowler Center for anyone seeking a vaccination; no appointment is necessary. Be sure to check your email for hours of availability. Let’s have a great turnout.
Services provided at UHS include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluation and treatment of illness and injuries
- Health education and information
- Physical exams
- Sexual health services
- Emergency contraception
- Limited prescription medication dispensary
- Diagnostic laboratory testing
- Referral to specialty providers
Lab work and imaging studies not available at the health service can be performed at Southern Tennessee Regional Health - Sewanee, which is located on campus beside UHS. We are not able to provide allergy shots at the Wellness Center, but can supply referral information upon request.
Appointments are required for University Health Service; to learn more about how to schedule an appointment with us, please see our this page for appointment questions. You are also able to call our main line at 931.598.1270 to schedule an appointment or request information.
Please be aware that UHS charges a $25 fee for late cancellations or no shows to appointments. This fee will be charged to your student account. To avoid being charged, please contact the office two hours before your appointment time to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
To see the practice policies and limitations, please download our University Health Service Scope of Practice.
Special Statements on Immunizations, the Men B Vaccination, and other Important Topics
- 2021-2022 Freshman Health Form (PDF)
- If you have any questions about your immunity, check with UHS. We require 2 doses of MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) for all incoming students born after 1956.
- If you are a Graduate Student and need more information about vaccination requirements, please see our page of Important Information for Graduate Students.
- Letter to University students about COVID-19 vaccines.
- Our statement on the Meningitis B Vaccine Information (pdf) from our Medical Director, Dr. Michelle Val.
- You can find electronic copies of some of our handouts regarding common campus ailments and travel concerns on our forms page. Electronic copies of our required paperwork can also be found in this section.
- Did you know? The Sewanee Police Department has a drop box where you can get rid of old, expired, or unwanted prescriptions.