When you pass through the gates of our campus, something happens. Because it's not a campus. Not exactly. It's so much more than a campus that we had to come up with new words for it.
- College of Arts & Sciences: 1,710 undergraduate students from 45 states and the District of Columbia, with over 80 international students from 30 countries
- The School of Letters: 70 graduate students from 36 states and the District of Columbia in summers-only MA and MFA programs in English and creative writing
The School of Theology: 148 graduate students in year-round and summer programs; M.Div. students represent 39 dioceses
- 38 majors, 44 minors, and 15 special programs, along with pre-professional programs in business, health/medicine, education, engineering, and law.
- Sewanee has produced 26 Rhodes Scholars, 51 Watson Fellows, 34 NCAA Postgraduate Scholars, and dozens of Fulbright Scholars.
- Graduate school acceptance rates: business 90-95%; law 90-95%; medicine 80-85% (national average is 42%)
- Student-faculty ratio 11:1
Average class size: 15
- 98 percent of undergraduate students live on campus.
- The Domain: 13,000 acres of forests, bluffs, meadows, lakes, and caves is a significant research and recreational resource for students and faculty.
- The market value of the University’s endowment was $420 million at the end of the last fiscal year (June 30, 2020).