Dr. Sylvia Gray has served in the arena of higher education for over a decade. Gray's experience includes the following positions:
- Director of operations for an all girls non-profit agency
- A prior athletic trainer in sports medicine for several male dominated sports
- A director of university housing for students
- A director of university housing for multicultural families
- A senior conduct hearing officer
- A coordinator of a women's center
- A coordinator of multicultural affairs
- A leadership facilitator
- A Greek life/risk management advisor
- A certified coach for the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Preference Assessment (MBTI)
- A Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Trainer and Facilitator
- And an adjunct professor of Higher Education Administration.
- She now serves as the Title IX Coordinator at The University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee.
Gray’s experience is rooted in educating, training, storytelling, and engaging with a variety of populations. Gray’s role as Sewanee’s Title IX Coordinator includes overseeing compliance efforts and advising the executive offices, faculty, staff, students, clergy, and the broader Sewanee community on issues as it pertains to Title IX.