Behold how good and pleasant it is when kindred live together in unity.—Psalm 133:1
You’ll hear both Sewanee Cares and EQB being used to describe the aspirations of our community. To be more clear about our policies and expectations, the University outlines the commitments of what Sewanee students can expect of their community experience:
What EQB means:
- Living with Personal Integrity
- Respecting the Dignity of All
- Valuing Freedom of Thought and Expression
- Demonstrating Self-Control
- Developing Trusting Relationships
We encourage each individual living within the community to take action to support the health of the greater community: We all must hold each other to our shared standards.
Our collective responsibility
This responsibility can be made manifest in many ways, for example:
- We actively respect the dignity of all when we refuse to participate in behavior that demeans others and we ask our community to actively care enough to take steps to end such behavior in others;
- We actively promote an environment of shared trust and support when we alert authorities to threats to the safety of others
- We encourage students to support our community values by reporting violations and other concerns.