Please help us spread the word about the 55 Years of Black Alumni Celebration. Get in touch with your Sewanee friends and let them know about this website and our Facebook group. Make sure we have your latest contact information, too–especially email.
As you may remember, we celebrated 55 Years of Black Alumni at Sewanee last year with a culmination event in February 2021. We had several events (virtually ) to recognize this important milestone. As part of the celebration, we announced the Benjamin Network, a fitting honor for retired Director of Multicultural Affairs Eric Benjamin, C’73.
The Benjamin Network seeks to empower, connect, and celebrate Sewanee’s Black alumni while supporting the greater Sewanee community. Our goals include:
- Providing opportunity for networking and professional development
- Providing support to the community through volunteer opportunities
- Connecting to current students and the University
- Increasing the number of active Black alumni
- Developing new experiences and opportunities for Black alumni
The Benjamin Network Board Members
- Jessica Hardy, C’06, Memphis TN – at-large member
- Curtis Johnson, C’14, Woodberry Forest, VA – Vice-President
- Brittany Macon C’14, Nashville, TN – Alumni Executive Board member
- Carla Reed, C’08, President, Washington, DC - President
- Trey Reliford, C’10, Old Hickory, TN – at-large member
- Brody Curry, C’17, Sewanee, TN – faculty/staff member
Contact the board with questions, comments, or suggestions at email@example.com