A View from the Top
An invitation-only overnight counselor fly-in program held twice a year for domestic and international high school counselors. If you are interested in attending one of our future programs, please complete the Counselor Interest Form.
Campus visits for counselors
Contact Maria Watters to schedule a personalized campus visit, including campus tours and one-on-one time with a member of the admission staff.
Campus visits for educational groups
Please note that in-person group visit opportunities will be available again beginning on June 1, 2021. Due to the University's COVID-19 safety protocols, we are currently only able to offer campus tours for visiting groups.
Programming is available for larger groups of students (10 or more students).
- Group visits are available Monday through Friday through August 2021 with the exception of some blackout dates. We do not offer group visits on Saturdays or Sundays. We will do our best to accommodate your request; however, due to overlapping requests and/or staff limitations, we may not be able to schedule your visit on your requested date.
- All groups with students must provide one adult chaperone for every 10 students. Campus tours will be led by current Sewanee students, and chaperones are asked to accompany these tours.
- We ask your group to respect Sewanee and its students, faculty, staff, and grounds.
Consistent with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Brigety, vice-chancellor and mayor of Sewanee, has issued a mandatory mask directive for all persons on the Domain—to include residents, visitors, students, faculty, and staff. This directive will remain in force until further notice.
Visit Options for Students in Grades 9 - 12
- Student-led campus tour (approx. 1 hr).
- Lunch in McClurg Dining Hall (optional, please note that the cost per person for lunch is $10.38; please contact Sewanee Dining Services at 931.598.1120 or email@example.com to make arrangements to pay for your group’s meal)
- Schedule your group’s visit at least two weeks in advance.
- If you must cancel, do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Notify Maria Watters if you anticipate a late arrival so that programming can be revised.
- Use of electronic devices is not allowed during programming.
- Chaperones/sponsors must accompany students to all programming.
- A Campus Visitor Information Sheet must be completed for each student before arrival.
- Submit the Group Visit Request Form.
Visit Options for Students in 8th grade or younger
We are excited about your early interest in Sewanee! Unfortunately, we are unable to offer guided campus tours for students in 8th grade or under. You are more than welcome to explore Sewanee on your own to find out a little about college life on our campus. Feel free to use our map of central campus and/or a fun scavenger hunt option for your younger group.