South Cumberland Plateau VISTAs serve in a variety of capacities including grant writing, fundraising, curriculum development, community organizing, and volunteer recruitment. Each of our positions offers the unique opportunity to serve a rural, economically depressed region of Tennessee and make a true impact on a community in need.
The South Cumberland Plateau AmeriCorps VISTA program offers:
- A bi-weekly stipend of $513.94
- An education award of $6,195 or cash award of $1,800 upon completion of one year of service
- Health care benefits
- Settling-in allowance of $750 for members relocating more than 50 miles
- Assistance securing affordable housing
- Access to amenities at the University of the South including the library, dining hall, and recreational facilities
- A team-oriented environment with professional development and training opportunities
Through our sponsors, the University of the South and South Cumberland Community Fund, our AmeriCorps VISTA program offers a number of unique benefits and amenities. These include personal and professional development and on-going mentoring from an experienced management team. Additionally, AmeriCorps VISTAs receive invitations to University seminars and access to the university recreation center, library, and discounted meals at the University’s dining hall.
AmeriCorps VISTAs truly make a difference. Join us today!
To learn more or apply contact VISTA Coordinator, Stephanie N. Kelly at email@example.com