- Sewanee is on Central Time.
- Navigate to the Office of Admission in Fulford Hall.
- If you need assistance, please call 931.598.1000.
- We are about 1.5 hrs. from Nashville, 50 min. from Chattanooga, 1.25 hrs. from Huntsville, and 2.5 hrs. from Atlanta.
- Parking is available behind Fulford Hall via the driveway near the intersection of University and Georgia Avenues. Follow the signs to Undergraduate Admission and the Fulford Lot. Visitors are welcome to park in any available spot designated as Visitor or spots lined in blue. Additional parking can be found here.
- Directions from I-24
- Take Monteagle Exit 134
- Turn left onto Hwy. 41A West
- Follow Hwy. 41A West approx. 3.9 mi.
- Pass through the University Gates
- Turn right onto University Avenue
- Follow University Avenue approx. 1.3 mi.
- Arrive at Fulford Hall on the right
- Nashville International Airport (BNA) and Chattanooga Airport (CHA) are commercial options
- Franklin County/Sewanee Airport (UOS), Winchester Municipal Airport (BGF), Tullahoma Regional Airport (THA) are private options
- Groome Transportation provides shuttles to Monteagle, Tennessee six miles from Sewanee, from Nashville International Airport (BNA).
- InShuttle Nashville provides chartered shuttles to Sewanee from Nashville International Airport (BNA)
- Grand Avenue provides private cars from Nashville International Airport (BNA) to Sewanee
While in Sewanee
Area hotels, bed and breakfasts, and retreat centers make up a diverse set of overnight accommodation options for visitors to campus.
- Airbnb or Local Homes
- The Sewanee Inn: ≈ 2 minutes from the Office of Admission
- St. Mary’s Sewanee—The Anna House: ≈ 6 minutes from the Office of Admission
- The Smoke House Lodge: ≈ 8 minutes from the Office of Admission
- Monteagle Inn and Retreat Center: ≈ 11 minutes from the Office of Admission
- Quality Inn: ≈ 11 minutes from the Office of Admission
- The Edgeworth Inn: ≈ 13 minutes from the Office of Admission
- Hampton Inn–Kimball: ≈ 29 minutes from the Office of Admission
Area cafes, restaurants, and fine dining establishments make up a diverse set of dining options for visitors to campus. Review our local dining options.
The Domain is home to more than 50 miles of hiking trails. The signature Perimeter Trail, is a 20-mile loop that circles much of the Domain and provides a hiking experience unparalleled anywhere else in the region. With 13,000 acres, there are plenty to chose from, check out a few of our favorite hikes.
Visiting the Mountain is incomplete without a visit to the Sewanee Village. Locally owned restaurants and shops, outdoor concerts and events, as well as the University Bookstore are all right here. Support these business by shopping local!