How to Get Here
There are several options for travel to Sewanee. We are accessible from several major airports, and are also an easy drive from Nashville, Atlanta, Birmingham, and Knoxville.
Please note: Sewanee is in the Central Time Zone.
- Nashville International Airport (BNA) is approximately 1.5 hours away (90 miles)
- Chattanooga Airport (CHA) is approximately 50 mins away (60 miles), but is in the Eastern Time Zone. Please take this into account when you are making your arrangements.
There are shuttle options from the Nashville airport, as well as car rentals available in both Nashville and Chattanooga. We will also be organizing a Google Sheet for attendees who would like to arrange carpooling options from the airport. There is also a local shuttle option for airport trips, if you require more flexibility.
- From Nashville: Take I-24 East approximately 80 miles to Exit 134 (Sewanee/Monteagle). At the end of the exit ramp turn left on Highway 41A. (For directions from Monteagle, see below.)
- From Chattanooga or Birmingham: Take I-24 West to Exit 134 (Sewanee/Monteagle). At the end of the exit ramp turn left on Highway 41A. (For directions from Monteagle, see below.)
- From Monteagle: Once on 41A it will be approximately 4 miles to the stone gates that mark the entrance into the Domain (NOT the Sewanee St. Andrews gates, it is past them on 41A). Veer right according to the sign that indicates The University of the South. This is University Ave. Continue past the Sewanee Inn, and Convocation Hall will be directly on your left, at the blinking stoplight at Georgia Ave.
We will be providing shuttle service in the morning and evening to and from the main campus hotel in Monteagle on each day of the conference. Parking will also be available on campus during the conference.