This email was sent to students in the College and the School of Theology on April 1 at 9:30 a.m.
Let’s roll up our sleeves and get this done! Nearly 200 students were vaccinated by University Health Services this week, and we are due to get another 400 doses next week. Please call 931.598.1270 to make your appointment soon.
Additionally, the University will continue to provide transportation to Walgreens in Decherd for vaccinations as long as students are interested. Be sure to complete this form to reserve your spot on the bus.
Importantly, once you have received your vaccine, please upload your information to vaccine.sewanee.edu. Having up-to-date information will allow us to make decisions about COVID-19 policies as the semester wraps up.
See below for complete information on these options.
Vaccination at the University Wellness Center
- Daily, Monday - Friday, from 8:30 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Call 931.598.1270 to make an appointment to receive a free Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccination.
- Johnson & Johnson is a one-time vaccine; two weeks after you receive it, you are considered fully vaccinated.
- Paperwork will need to be completed upon arrival.
Vaccination at Walgreens
On Monday, April 5, the University will provide transportation by bus for up to 100 students to Walgreens in Decherd to receive a free Moderna COVID-19 vaccination. The bus will begin loading at 2:30 p.m. in front of the University Wellness Center on University Avenue, depart at 3 p.m. sharp, and will return between 4:30 and 5 p.m.
Students seeking transportation should:
- Complete this questionnaire.
- Bring the following items on the day of vaccination:
- Proof of insurance*, if available.
- Identification (i.e., driver’s license or passport).
- Your CDC-issued vaccination record card, if you have previously been vaccinated and are eligible for your second dose.
*NOTE: Students do not need insurance to get a vaccine. It is free.
Documenting Your Vaccination
If you have been vaccinated, please upload your information to vaccine.sewanee.edu. It provides valuable information we will use to shape COVID-19 policies going forward.
Please know that surveillance testing, the 3W's, travel restrictions, and all other COVID-19 protocols remain in effect regardless of vaccination status. We encourage as many students as are able to get vaccinated, and help us #MakeItToMay!
The Public Health Team
The University Wellness Center