- Promote a culture of shared responsibility and commitment to protecting the health and wellbeing of all members of the Sewanee community.
- Aim to follow and, when appropriate, exceed public health best practices identified by leaders in the fields of science, medicine, government, and health policy.
- Enact a range of effective interventions designed to mitigate the risks associated with COVID-19, including the following:
- Establishing thoughtful COVID-19 testing and contact tracing protocols.
- Allocating resources isolating individuals who test positive for COVID-19 and quarantining close contacts, including the provision of health care and the ability to participate in classes remotely.
- Executing a program of daily wellness checks and temperature screenings for students, faculty, and staff.
- Employing a physical distancing framework that applies to all aspects of campus life, including dining facilities, recreation, libraries, social events, and classrooms.
- Promoting the use of face coverings when in close proximity to others.
- Develop clinical protocols for treating COVID-19 and meeting student health and mental health care needs in the University Wellness Center.
- Enact cleaning and disinfecting protocols consistent with CDC standards
- Monitoring local COVID-19 transmission and hospitalization trends, as well as tracking availability of medical resources.
- Protecting at-risk populations by allowing them to work or learn remotely.
- Seek to transform our campus toward a higher form of human flourishing and a new form of resilient citizenship.
We will update the campus community with more information about our health and safety measures as we learn together more effective, more altruistic ways of living in unity.