COMMUNITY HEALTH COMMITMENTS
The health and safety of our campus and community involves each of us—students, faculty, staff, and residents. In order to return safely to campus and continue with an on-campus experience, we must all commit to doing our part to help prevent an outbreak and spread of the novel coronavirus. This is most clearly stated in a set of Community Health Commitments every member of the Sewanee community is expected to support:
- I will wear a mask except when I’m alone, asleep, eating or drinking, or maintaining proper distance. Furthermore, I will comply with any additional masking rules for specific events or facilities.
- I will participate in daily wellness checks and keep track of my close contacts.
- I will maintain six feet of distancing whenever possible from others.
- I will practice safe hygiene (washing my hands frequently, covering my mouth when I cough or sneeze).
- I will seek support as needed for my mental health and well-being and be mindful of the mental health needs of others.
- I will get tested for COVID-19 when requested to do so.
- I will kindly encourage compliance in my community.
SPECIFICALLY for College students
- I will limit use of my vehicle except for essential needs, like a medical appointment or prescription drive-thru pick-up that might occur off campus.
- I will call the University Wellness Center immediately if I have a fever, have shortness of breath, lose taste or sense of smell, or otherwise feel ill. I will encourage my peers who seem ill to call the University Wellness Center for assistance.
- I will participate in contact tracing in accordance with the University protocol, as needed. I will be honest and forthright in tracing efforts. I will do my best to be responsible for knowing and tracking my encounters with others, daily.
- I will take additional care to secure my room and belongings. I understand that if I forget or lose a key (or ID), staff will not freely unlock spaces without fines being assessed. This practice will assist in limiting contact (especially after hours) with student staff and professional staff.